The school admits pupils from the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, from the London Borough of Brent, and from other areas if there are vacancies. The school follows the admissions policy of the Hammersmith and Fulham Local Authority.
Kenmont is a one-form entry school which means we have a maximum of one class of 30 pupils per year group. If there are more applications for entry than pupil places, Hammersmith and Fulham Admissions Criteria will be applied and preference will be given to children in the following order:
- Children who have an exceptional educational, social or medical need for a particular need and would not otherwise qualify for admission to that school. These admissions are subject to agreement of the LA and must be supported by evidence from a relevant professional.
- Brothers or sisters of children already attending the school in the year of admission. If there are more children who meet this criterion than places, preference will be given to those who have siblings at the school in the year of admission and who live nearest the school.
- Children living nearest the school.
Children start Nursery the September after their 3rd birthday. Waiting lists open in the September of the year before they are due to start and close on February 28th. It is from the waiting list that children are admitted. Kenmont is a one form entry school with 26 full-time and part-time Nursery places available.
At Kenmont there are more applications for Nursery places than there are spaces. This means that not all parents who put their child’s name on the Nursery waiting list are offered a place for their child. Kenmont follow the same criteria that the Borough uses for Reception – Year 6 admissions. Siblings are offered first, followed by distance (as the crow flies).
Although intake is in September, places can be offered throughout the Academic Year if a child already admitted leaves. We cannot guarantee your child will be offered a place if they are on the waiting list. Unfortunately we also cannot guarantee that there will be a Reception place available for children who already attend the Nursery class; please see the below section for further information on Reception admissions.
Under present education law, there is no right of appeal if your child is unsuccessful in getting a nursery place.
Admission to the Reception classes is managed by the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. By law a child must start school in the term after his or her 5th birthday. At Kenmont, there is a single point of entry and children start school in the reception class in September, the autumn term.
Parents and carers are required to complete an application form for admission to the school, which is submitted to LBHF in January. Places are allocated to children whose parents have expressed a preference for the school. If there are more applicants than places available at the school, places are allocated in accordance with the following criteria in order of priority to:
1. Children in public care (those looked after by a local authority under section 22 of the Children Act 1989).
2. Children defined as having a professionally supported exceptional educational, medical or social need for a particular school.
3. Children who have a brother or sister already in the school.
4. Children who live nearest to the school in terms of walking distance.
In Year Admissions
To apply for a place in any year group other than Nursery and Reception you will need to complete a Request for School Place form. After review, your child will be added to the waiting list. Once a place becomes available in the year group requested, we will contact you to come in with your child to visit the school and meet the headteacher. At this stage, a full Kenmont application form will be completed and a start date arranged.
For any other year group, you must contact LBHF or Brent to register your interest and apply.
You can contact LBHF Admissions on:
- Tel: 020 8753 3643/ 2627/ 3628/ 3664
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: www.lbhf.gov.uk/eadmissions
- Address: LBHF School Admissions, Hammersmith & Fulham Council, Town Hall, King Street, Hammersmith, London W6 9JU
You can contact Brent Admissions on:
- Tel: 020 8937 3039 / 3088
- Email: email@example.com
- Online: www.eadmissions.org.uk
- Address: Brent School Admissions Service, Children and Families Department, Brent Council, Chesterfield House, 9 Park Lane, Wembley, Middx HA9 7RH
Applications for Secondary School
Application to Secondary School takes place at the beginning of Year 6. The Year 6 Class Teacher and the Head of School will provide information and you will be offered help completing necessary forms. You must apply using a form from the authority where you live (i.e. if you live in Brent but come to Kenmont which is in Hammersmith and Fulham, you must apply for secondary school’s using a Brent form. You can still apply for whichever schools you wish, regardless of where they are). Please ask at the school office if you are unsure.